1 Judy Moody Predicts the Future

Judy Moody Predicts the Future

Written by Megan McDonald

Illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

Reviewed by Julia L. (age 8)

Judy Moody Predicts the Future

“Black for grouchy, amber for nervous, green for jealous, turquoise for calm, dark blue for unhappy, light blue for happy, purple for joyful, red for in love.” These are the many moods of the mood ring Judy Moody so desperately wants. After eating seven bowls of cereal Judy Moody finally gets the prize, a mood ring that changes colors as your mood changes. The problem is every time Judy Moody puts on the ring it turns black for grouchy! After she tried it on over 50 times she throws it away, because it only turns black when SHE puts it on. Judy wants it to turn to purple which means joyful. After she throws it away her little dictionary reading brother finds it in the trash and he puts it on and it turns green and that mean’s jealous. Read this book to find out if Stink gives Judy the mood ring back.

I think this is a great book because it is really funny. My favorite part is when Judy pulls tricks on her little brother Stink. Judy Moody is a very interesting character because you don’t know what crazy thing she will do next. She wants to be the best. This book is similar to all the other Judy Moody books because she always wants to do something crazy like beat Jessica Finch or be mad at her dictionary reading brother.

I recommend this book to people who like funny fiction, you will not want to put this book down, because I couldn’t. This book is the fourth book in the eight book series. This is a really good book. I think you will like it.