1 Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold

Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Arthur Howard

Reviewed by Sebastian M. (age 7)

Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold

In Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the cold, one day Mr. Putter goes outside and gets the mail without his hat. What do you think might happen? Does he get a cold? You bet! Mr. Putter is an old man and now he has a cold. He has a fine cat named Tabby. Mr. Putter felt sick and sad because he had nobody to bring him anything to make him feel better. Will anybody help Mr. Putter? I bet Mrs. Teaberry will because they are good neighbors. But there is one problem: Mrs. Teaberry doesn’t want to catch the cold. What will Mrs. Teaberry do? Read the book and find out.

I like Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold because in the book, when Mr. Putter was little, he liked having a cold. When I was little, I liked having a cold too because my mom always brought me soup and candy. My favorite part was when Mr. Putter was reading Zeke and Tabby’s favorite comic book. It was my favorite part because I like reading comic books too.

If you want to be a better friend, you should read Mr. Putter and Tabby Catch the Cold. Mr. Putter was sick and he worried that nobody would bring him anything to eat, but finally somebody did!