1 Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peaky Spying

Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peaky Spying

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Brunbus

Reviewed by Mara C. (age 7)

In this book Junie B. Jones scared her grandpa to death! Here’s what she did. Junie B. loves to spy on people. She hid in her grandpa’s hamper. She scared her grandpa to death. When she scared her grandpa he ran out of the bathroom. She thinks her grandpa has high blood pressure. Pretty soon her mother came in with angry feet. She said “that’s it missy no more spying for you.” She was in real trouble. Junie B. is funny, weird, and crazy. She talks funny and she is a showoff! The main idea is about Junie B. Jones spying on every one.

My favorite part is when Junie B. Jones hides in her grandpa’s hamper and spys on him. She sees her grandpa take his teeth out of his head. She thinks that’s so amazing that she accidently scared her grandpa to death by hiding in her grandpa’s hamper. Clothes went flying! When the clothes went flying, some underwear fell on her grandpa’s head. He thought it was a spider and he ran out of the bathroom. She was in real trouble. Pretty soon her mother came in with angry feet. She yelled at her. Junie B. said "only here’s the problem, mother, you are hollering right in my face." After that she was sent to her room. I liked this part because it was funny, weird, and crazy. In some books she is kindergarten or first grade. In first grade she has a mean enemy. Her name is May. And in kindergarten she has another enemy, his name is Jim. I love Junie B. Jones books. This reminds me of when I used to love to spy. One day my grandpa came. I wanted to spy on him so I hid in my hamper. I got to see him get naked. Then he threw his clothes in the hamper. I thought it was going to be disgusting and it was. So I said "peww" and he heard what I said. He thought the hamper was talking. He told my dad that the hamper was talking. My dad came. He then said "no more spying for you." After that I was sent to my room. I got out though. I said sorry to my grandpa then I wasn’t in trouble any more.

I recommend this book to kids that like to laugh out loud and most of all spy. It’s funny. It’s a good series. There are so many Junie B. Jones books. This is how this will interest you. She talks funny. I just couldn’t get my eyes out of the book! And you will not be able to also.