1 Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie

Written by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by Kaitlyn T. (age 10)

Little House on the Prairie

This book is about a girl named Laura who lives with her family. There is Ma, Pa, Mary, Carrie, and Grace. They live in a house by the big slough. They are trying to raise money to send Mary to college. Then Pa loses some of his hair from a mouse. So they have to get a pet cat to get all the mice out of the house. Later, Laura gets a job sewing shirts with a lady in town. Soon she has to stop her job because it's not so busy anymore. If you want to find out if Mary goes to college and what happens at the end, read the book to find out!!!!!

I think the author's style is cool because it is about her own life. This book is a good book because it describes how they did things in the old days and it is about her entire life. My favorite part is when they get a pet cat because they have trouble with mice. This book is in a series. The series is called Little House. All the other books in the Little House series our about her own life. So if you like things that happened in the old days you will like this book.

I think fifth graders and up should read this book because it is a big book and little kids may not get it. Also, it has a few hard words. So if you like very interesting things you should read this book.