1 The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

Written by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain

Reviewed by Kelly L. (age 7)

The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV

This story is about the Bernstein Bears watching too much T.V. Mama Bear decided there would not be any T.V. for one week. At first, Brother and Sister Bear didn't like it. Even Papa Bear had a hard time keeping away from the T.V. Mama Bear first suggested going outside and watching the stars come out. Brother Bear and Sister Bear thought that would be boring. All they wanted to do was watch T.V., but Brother Bear really liked watching the stars and it was better than T.V. That week, the Bears enjoyed themselves so much, they barely thought about the T.V., except Papa Bear. He kept trying to sneak in T.V., and was even caught trying to watch the late show. Even though Papa Bear had a hard time breaking his T.V. habit, he still enjoyed spending time with his family. The lesson in this story is that it's okay to watch a little bit of T.V., but not too much. The Bernstein Bears realized that doing other things, like taking walks, going to the mall, and playing outside were more fun than staying inside watching T.V.

I liked the book because Papa kept trying to watch T.V. Mama Bear, Brother Bear, and Sister Bear caught him trying to watch T.V. On the last day of the week Papa stopped trying to watch T.V.

I like Sister Bear because Sister Bear is very, very funny like me.

I liked the illustrations because they were very colorful. They were very nice. It was very interesting.

I recommend that kids read this book because it is very, very good. It tells you that you are not supposed to watch that much T.V. I think preschool through fourth grade would like this book.