1 A to Z Mysteries: The Missing Mummy

A to Z Mysteries: The Missing Mummy

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John S. Gurney

Reviewed by Audrey (age 9)

A to Z Mysteries:  The Missing Mummy

The characters in this book are Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose. They are very adventurous. Ruth Rose always dresses in one color. Josh is always hungry. Dink is very smart.

This story takes place inside a museum in Hartford, Connecticut. When the guide at the museum shows them a mummy chamber, he opens up a sarcophagus. Then, quickly, a woman snatches the mummy and runs.

About an hour later, a bomb is set in the chamber and two people steal the gold that belongs to the mummies. Read the book to find out what happens next.

My favorite part of this book is when Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose get locked in the tomb chamber and a bomb is set off. Then they hide in a closet and they see the two robbers come in and steal the mummy's gold. It's my favorite part because all of this stuff happens quickly, one bad thing after another, and it makes the book so exciting.

I don't have a favorite character. I like them all because they are very funny. Josh is a red-headed boy with brown eyes and freckles around his nose. He is always hungry and won't stop thinking about food. But in this book, thinking about food helps solve the mystery.

Dink has blond hair and green eyes. He is very smart. He and Ruth Rose live right next door to each other.

Ruth Rose always dresses in one color, except when her cat is missing. She has blue eyes and curly black hair.

This book is like other books that Ron Roy has written in the A to Z Mysteries series because in the other books someone is kidnapped or robbed. Ron Roy also usually makes it so that the most innocent-looking people are actually the robbers or kidnappers. He makes it so that Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose can find some sneaky ways to figure out the problem.

I recommend this book to kids in grades one through four. People who like mysteries will like this book because it is full of mysteries. This book is also good for reading aloud to kindergarteners.