1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Angela (age 9)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling is a book about a young boy who discovers he is a wizard. When he goes to Hogwarts, a school of witchcraft and wizardry, he meets new friends who help him get through his year at Hogwarts. He also meets some enemies that don't.

In this book Harry learns he has to be brave to get through life. One example of something that happens to him is he discovers that his parents were not killed in a car crash and that the lightning-shaped scar on his head is no ordinary scar. He also learns how to play a sport while flying on a broomstick and he learns how dangerous it can be.

The problem in this story is that Harry has to get the Sorcerer's Stone, the elixir of life, before Voldemort does. He uses the help of his friends Ron and Hermione to help him get past the obstacles in the way.

My favorite part in this book is when Harry had to get past many obstacles with his friends. In the end, he ended up face to face with the evil wizard, Voldemort. Voldemort is after the Sorcerer's Stone, the elixir of life, so he can live forever.

My favorite character in this book is Hermione. I like her because she is smart, kind, and brave. She is so smart she is the best at every class. She is very kind and helps Harry whenever he needs something.

I liked the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone very much because it is an interesting story and has many problems in it that the characters had to solve. For example, they had to solve a riddle so they could find which bottle would lead them to the next obstacle on the way to the stone.

When I read this book, it made me feel different feelings, like scared, sad, and mad. I wondered what would happen next and what the characters would do.

I recommend this book because it is a funny, interesting and magical book. I think the people who would like this book are kids and adults who like to read about exciting problems and characters. Kids in third grade and up would probably like this book.