1 Ramona The Brave

Ramona The Brave

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Nicholas S. (age 9)

Ramona The Brave

This book is about a girl named Ramona. Ramona thinks she is brave because she had to apologize to a girl in front of the rest of the class for ripping her classmate's art project. She also thinks she is brave because she heard sounds under her bed. She thought the sounds were ghosts, and then she lifted her bed and found nothing. She walks to school everyday. One day she decided to walk the long way to school and she found a German Shepherd! She kept skipping along. The dog got closer and closer?. Will Ramona be safe? You have to read the book to find out!

My favorite part was when Ramona thought she was brave when she saw the dog. This is my favorite Ramona book yet. The story made me want to know what is going to happen next. It was funny and it had a lot of suspense. This book reminds me of a story my mom told me about when she was 11 years old. She was bit by a big dog and then ran away from the dog. This was such a good book it was hard to put it down.

I recommend this book for 3rd grade to 5th grade Beverly Cleary fans. I recommend this book because it is appropriate for my lexile level, age, and grade. I would say if you're below second grade or above fifth grade, you would not like this book. If you're above fifth grade, it's too easy. If you're younger than second grade, it would be too hard.