1 Pippi Longstocking

Pippi Longstocking

Written by Astrid Lindgren

Illustrated by Louis S. Glanzman

Reviewed by Annie W. (age 9)

Pippi Longstocking

Get ready for Pippi Longstocking! It all starts when she loses her father at sea. She has a house that her father bought for her. Pippi moves in to the house alone with her horse and Mr. Nilsson, her monkey. When she meets Tommy and Annika, her neighbors, she gets so excited that she invites them to join her for fun. Tommy and Annika come to Pippi's house. Will Pippi see her father again? Will Tommy and Annika have a great time with Pippi? Will Pippi get into any trouble? If you want to find out, read Pippi Longstocking.

I think Pippi is an interesting character because she is very exciting. She is very strong and can lift a horse, and she is a child but she lives alone and takes care of herself. Pippi is just like me because I am very active. My favorite part is when Pippi acts like a pirate because I love pirates.

I recommend this book for children between the ages of 7 and up all over the world because they will learn to read and laugh at the same time. In the first two pages, you will be amazed at what Pippi does. You will laugh your head off when you meet Pippi Longstocking. If you like adventures, this is the book for you.