1 The Magic Tree House: Tigers at Twilight

The Magic Tree House: Tigers at Twilight

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Mary Claire G. (age 7)

The Magic Tree House:  Tigers at Twilight

When the magic tree house landed on a tree in the jungle, two monkeys swung down to the branch. Jack and Annie both jumped back, then Annie burst out laughing. "What are your names?" Annie asked. "I'm Kah, and he's Ko," said one of the monkeys. Meeting those monkeys began Jack and Annie's adventures. They needed to find a treasure that would help them save a dog from a spell.

I liked this book because it has animals in it and I like animals. Kaw and Ko remind me of my brother and me because the two monkeys are funny and play really well together - my brother and I are funny and we play well together, too. My favorite part of the story is when Teddy chases off the tiger, because the tiger was about to kill Jack and I did not want Jack to die.

I would recommend this book to a second grader because it is on a second grade reader level, and only second graders and above would probably be able to read it. I think the part that other people would like best is when Teddy chased off the tiger. I think other people would be like me and not want Jack to be hurt.