1 The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Written by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Illustrated by Tasha Tudor

Reviewed by Ciara V. (age 10)

The Secret Garden

Can you imagine living with no mom or dad? That's what Mary Lenox was faced with after her parents died. She had to go live with her uncle, Mr. Craven. Mary had never seen her uncle before, but he was her only living relative. Life at her uncle's house was different than at her old home. Before, Mary had books and toys to play with, but now she didn't. Trying to amuse herself was difficult. One day she overhears from her maid was that there is a secret garden outside. No one had gone in it for 10 years. Because of that, Mary was curious and eager to find the secret garden. If she does find it, what do you think she will see inside?

I really like this book because you never know what is going to happen next. In this book there are some parts that are a little sad but it becomes happy in the end, and I like that. Mary, the main character, has a change in her personality. In the beginning, she only cares about herself. As the book goes on, Mary makes a new friend and cares a lot for him. I find Mary very interesting because she becomes very curious when she hears about the secret garden and works very hard to find it

I recommend this book to anybody who likes interesting books. Kids over nine years old would enjoy this book the most.