1 Invisible Stanley

Invisible Stanley

Written by Jeff Brown

Illustrated by Steve Bjorkman

Reviewed by E.M. (age 8)

Invisible Stanley

The book, "Invisible Stanley," is an amazing story! All of it started with a big storm. In the middle of the storm, Stanley wakes up and he woke his brother too. When Stanley woke, he was hungry so he went down stairs and got fruit and raisins and ate by his bedroom window. In the middle of the night, before he knew it, he was invisible. So no one could find him. Then they felt him under the sheets and his cloths turned invisible when he put them on. Since Stanley was invisible, Arthur gave him a balloon to hold. Stanley goes to a doctor named Dr. Dane, but the doctor could not find a cure. The family missed Stanley's smiling face, so his mom painted a face on his balloon and everyone felt better. Soon Stanley was in the newspaper because he turned invisible. Stanley's little brother Arthur made a plan to cure Stanley. The plan was to make a fake storm around Stanley. Will the plan work? Will Stanley ever be seen again?

I enjoyed reading Invisible Stanley. One reason is something interesting happens. The interesting thing is Stanley turns invisible over night. No one can see him but they can feel him. Another reason is a part of the book is funny. The funny part of the book is how Dr. Dane reads a book about people turning invisible and didn't recognize the pattern. So the family went home with no cure. Also why I enjoyed this book is a very young kid does something very interesting. It was very cool how a very young kid made a very smart plan. I enjoyed reading this book because Stanley turns invisible over night, it is funny, and a very young kid does something very interesting.

I recommend this book to people who like to be curious as they read. My first reason is, in the beginning of the book I was curious about how Stanley turns invisible. My second reason is, when I read, I get curious and excited to read the next chapter to answer my question. My third reason is, if you are curious you would like to read more. People that should read this book should like to be curious, like to be excited, and a person who likes to read. People who enjoy being curious as they read should read Invisible Stanley!