1 The Very Hungry Caterpillar

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Written by Eric Carle

Illustrated by Eric Carle

Reviewed by Jewels M (age 8)

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

An egg lays on a leaf. In the morning the egg hatched and out came a tiny caterpillar and it was very hungry. This caterpillar isn't normal, he ate 25 pieces of food. That night he had a stomachache. The next morning was Sunday, again the caterpillar ate through one nice green leaf. After that he felt much better. Now he wasn't hungry anymore. He was a big, fat caterpillar. He built a small house, called a cocoon, around himself. He stayed inside for more than two weeks. Then he nibbled a hole in the cocoon, pushed his way out and... he was a beautiful butterfly!

My favorite part of the story is when the caterpillar hatches because it is so cool and awesome when the caterpillar hatches. My favorite character in the story is the caterpillar because it is funny and really talented. I can relate this story to my life because I eat a lot of food too, and I have stomachaches all the time. This story has a lot of pictures and they help tell the story.

I think others should read this story. It is incredible and it is very cool, but it is very long.