1 Sam Samurai

Sam Samurai

Written by Jon Scieszka

Reviewed by Cimmeron G. (age 8)

Sam Samurai

Sam, Fred, and Joe warped to Japan and they didn't even touch "The Book". "The Book" is the book that travels you through time if you read it. But all the boys were doing is monkeying around at Sam's house and the green mist sends them to Japan. Sam got in his ready karate pose and he said "If we're where I think we are, we're dead meat." Sam, Fred, and Joe were in a house and saw a samurai and the samurai looked mean but Sam, Fred, and Joe couldn't see his face. So they attacked the samurai which turned out to be a suit of armor. Sam, Fred, and Joe then met three girls named Samm, Freddy, and Jo their great-granddaughters. The girls showed the boys around Japan. The girls helped find the book so the boys could warp home again. Sam, Fred, and Joe wrote their report and turned it in and got their grade.

I liked this book because it is funny. I really liked the part when Sam, Fred, and Joe thought the Samurai suit was real and the helmet fell off. Reading the Time Warp books, I can learn about things that have happened in the past. This story reminds me of the poetry my teachers have made us write this year!

I recommend this book for people of any age. They are exciting and take you on an adventure every time.