1 The Twits

The Twits

Reviewed by Ki-Soo P. (age 9) & Elissa A. (age 9)

The Twits

Two crummy old Twits play lots of funny tricks on each other like a brother and sister. The Twits are an ugly couple and one of them always tries to get rid of the other. They live in a house that has no windows because Mr. Twit always says, "Who wants windows they're good for nothing!" Mr. and Mrs. Twit hate children, cats and dogs. That's why Mrs. Twit plants thistles and stinging needles in her garden. The Twits don't only do tricks to themselves, they do tricks to monkeys and birds. The animals get the Twits back by gluing their furniture upside down and made the Twits go crazy.

This book reminds us of "Charlotte's Web" and the "Trumpet of the Swan" because all of the animals talk in the books. We learned a lesson that if you do a trick to someone, they might get you back. We like this book because the tricks are funny and we think it's weird how animals can glue the whole inside of the Twits house upside down. It reminds Elissa of her and her brothers fighting and playing tricks on each other.

We recommend this book to people who like to play tricks on their brother or sister. We also think that people who love to laugh should read this very funny book. Read this book to find out how the Twits end up at the end of the story.