1 Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Rings

Written by J.R.R. Tolkien

Reviewed by Brian B. (age 10)

Lord of the Rings

Bilbo Baggins was a hobbit who wanted to live in peace and quiet. That peace and quiet did not last for long! A wizard, Gandalf, came to his house with a band of dwarfs and asked Bilbo to join them. Bilbo and the dwarfs go on a quest with giant spiders, evil goblins, man eating trolls and wild wolves to get their long lost gold back from the horrible dragon, Smaug!

My favorite part of the story was when Bilbo got trapped in the cave with goblins. I liked it because it was so suspenseful. You didn't know what was going to happen next. At the start of the book, Bilbo was scared and weak, but in the end, Bilbo was a strong and fearless warrior that had lots of experience. This book is unique in lots of ways. It is unlike any other fantasy book with its suspense and exciting battle scenes. I especially liked the plot with dragons, trolls, goblins, wolves and giant spiders. The plot kept going through the whole story. J. R. R. Tolken's writing style has a lot of rhymes and spells.

I recommend this book because it describes everything from the smallest detail to the largest. A reader who likes a thrill or fantasy and battles with imaginary creatures like trolls and goblins, will like this book. I would not recommend this to a person who does not like figuring out rhymes.