1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Katiana B (age 10)

The Magician's Nephew

This book is about a boy named Digory and a girl named Polly. One day they find a door and go in. They find a lot of cool things in the room. But Digory doesn't feel right in the room, so he asks Polly to leave. Polly is fascinating by something that catches her eye and doesn't leave. Then it's too late. Digory's Uncle Andrew gets up. Then they realize they are not in the empty house, they are in the forbidden study! That is where their adventures begin.

Uncle Andrew is a very dark man. He tricks Polly and sends her to an different world. Digory goes after her, because he knows he can't leave her there. After Digory joins Polly, that is were they meet Jadis. Jadis acts like she is a very nice person, but she really is a cruel, evil witch.

They try to take Jadis back to her world, but everything is just getting worse. Soon they get Jadis to another world, but that world is not her world. Digory is sent by the great lion to get an apple from the tree of youth. Digory thinks of taking the apple to his sick mother so she can get better. Digory sees Jadis eating an apple. Her face is as white as snow. Though you know Jadis is a character in the next book, will Digory give the apple to the great lion, Aslan? Or, will he take it to his sick mother? Read the book to find out.

My favorite character is Digory because he is a very adventuresome boy. Digory is not a very good listener. For example when his Uncle Andrew said "Go get the girl and come right back" he didn't. Digory is also very concerned about his sick mother. His father lives in India. So all he really has is his Uncle and his Aunt. I feel bad for him.

Digory reminds me of well, me! I'm a little like Digory. Here are some ways I'm like Digory. I am very courious like Digory. I'm also adventuresome like him. I am also not a very good listener, just like Digory. Also I am a little Polly, whenever something fascinates me I go right to it.

When I read this book I felt like I was in the story, right there in all the action. C.S.Lewis's details are wonderful. If you read this story you'll feel like you're in the book too.

This book was very good. I really like that C.S.Lewis made this wonderful novel. It's very good and it seems like the story is true.

I would recommend this book to my mom and dad, because they really like magical books. And this book is mythical and magical. They liked The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe so I think they'll like The Magician's Nephew.