1 The Enormous Crocodile

The Enormous Crocodile

Illustrated by Quentin Blake

Reviewed by Rose L. (age 8)

The Enormous Crocodile

This book is about the enormous crocodile who loved to eat nice, juicy, little children. "Children are juicy and yummy"" said Crocodile. The enormous Crocodile tried to eat a child for lunch. He had secret plans and clever tricks to catch them. Even though he may have been wicked, the other animals in the jungle made his plans fail at every step with the help of the children. In the end the crocodile went shooting high up into the sky by Trunky the Elephant and he crashed into the hot, hot sun.

My favorite part of the story is when Trunky spun Crocodile by his tail because whent Crocodile flew, it looked like he was flying. My favorite character is Trunky because he saved the children and he got rid of Crocodile. This story reminds me that we have to be careful of bad guys who play nasty tricks on others like Crocodile. This story has simple and colorful pictures. They helped me understand the story and I enjoyed them.

I recommend this book to everybody who loves animals. This book makes me feel good and happy because it is a happy ending story.