1 The Chocolate Touch

The Chocolate Touch

Written by Patrick Skene

Illustrated by Margot Apple

Reviewed by Robert A. (age 9)

The Chocolate Touch

Do you ever wish everything in the world turned to chocolate? Read about a boy named John Midas who had that wish come true. First, John ate a piece of chocolate. After eating the chocolate, something strange happened to John. Everything John touched turned to chocolate. One day John kissed his mom and she turned to chocolate. Will his mom ever become human again? Be careful what you wish for? If you want to find out what else turns to chocolate read this great book, The Chocolate Touch.

I like this book because it reminds me of when I liked chocolate that much. My favorite part is when John ate his gloves, because a bully tasted it and it tasted like leather! When John tasted it, it tasted like chocolate. This is like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because the characters in both stories are greedy for candy.

In the story John learns a lesson to not be so greedy because something bad might happen. I recommend whoever loves chocolate should read this book, whether you are seven years old or twenty seven years old. It is really funny and you?ll like it.