1 Superfudge

Superfudge

Written by Judy Blume

Reviewed by Brennon D. (age 8)

Superfudge

This is a sequel to "Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing". The Hatchers moved to Princeton. They had a new baby. Her real name was Tamara Roxanne, but everybody called her Tootsie. In this book, Fudge starts Kindergarden. Fudge has a new teacher and he calls her "Rat Face". Fudge's new friend was a pain-in-the-neck named Daniel Manheim. Fudge pretended he liked Santa, but he really didn't believe in Santa. Fudge got a myna bird and named it Uncle Feather. Peter's new friend was Alex. Peter's in sixth grade and he loves his classmate, Joanne. At the end, they moved back to New York.

My favorite part was when Peter drank eight cups of Island Punch and had to go to the bathroom and Fudge was on the pot. It made me laugh out loud. I liked Fudge the best because he always copied Peter when they were eating dinner. Fudge reminds me of my cousin because she embrrassed me in front of everybody when she said I like someone at school. Fudge embarrassed Peter buy saying, "Pee-tah. where are you?" in front of everybody in the school at a lyceum.

I recommend everyone should read this book because its very funny! It made me want to read more about Fudge and Peter in "Fudge-a-mania." I think third graders and older could read it.