1 The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairly Stupid Tales

The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairly Stupid Tales

Written by Jon Scieszka

Illustrated by Lane Smith

Reviewed by Kristina L. (age 8)

Once upon a time there were two old people that were very lonely. So they made a stinky cheese man. But unfortunately for them he ran away. They tried and tried but couldn't catch him. He was too fast.

He shouted, "You can't catch me I'm the Stinky Cheese Man!" Then a fox happened to come along. If you want to know what happens next then read the rest of the book. But make sure you hold your nose! There are also 5 other silly stories in this book.

My favorite part of this book is when the Stinky Cheese Man almost gets eaten and falls into a long river. This book is related to the Gingerbread Man. The story was written and illustrated by the same author as The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. These stories are both fairy tales that are mixed up with other tales. This book also won the Caldecott Award. The Caldecott Award is an award for the best pictures in a book for the year.

I recommend this book because it is funny. I think kids would enjoy this book. I like the book because the Stinky Cheese Man gets chased and doesn't get caught until the very end.