1 Runaway Ralph

Runaway Ralph

Written by Beverly Cleary

Reviewed by Jackie C (age 10)

Runaway Ralph

Ralph likes to ride a motorcycle. He lives at the Mountain View Inn with his pesky brothers, sisters, and cousins. He doesn't like it when his mother and Uncle Lester boss him around. One day a boy came to the Mountain View Inn. His name was Garf. He wore a T-shirt that said something about a camp on it. Ralph thought that he might be going to that camp. He wants more excitement. He always has to push his relatives on his motorcycle. After he pushed them awhile, one mouse said "That's not fair. You've given him three rides and some of the others two and me only one!" Ralph got so angry he ran away. He ended up by a place with lots of children. He sat on the gravel. A dog started to sniff and bark at him. "Quiet Sam!" a boy yelled. The dog started to dig after him. Ralph got away and started to run. He ended up in a pile of bamboo leaves. He felt cat's claws wrap around him. He tried to play dead, but the cat knew what he was up to. If you want to find out what happens next, you should read Runaway Ralph.

Ralph is my favorite character because he is always going on adventures. In the story my favorite part is when Ralph ends up by a bunch of cats that wanted to eat him. I think Ralph is a very exciting mouse. The story was very adventurous and funny. I liked it when Ralph decided to runaway and ran his motorcycle into the bush. I really liked the book because it's about animals that can talk and do pretty much do what humans can do.

I recommend this book to people from ages 6 and up. I think people read this book because it's a story about animals. If you have a younger brother or sister, who loves animals, you may want to read it to them. This is a kind of book that you don't want to stop reading until you're done with it. I hope you have a good time reading Runaway Ralph.