1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Jonathan A. (age 11)

Have you ever read Harry Potter part I, II, III or IV? Well, this book is the best book of them all and when you read my review, it will show you why. The title of the book is Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. The author is J.K. Rowling and the illustrator is Mary Grandpre?.

The story is about Harry getting back to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by defeating two dementors (black things that suck all of the happiness out of you) by using magic outside of school to protect Dudley and himself when he is forbidden to use magic outside of school(you should know that already). Since he used magic outside of school, he gets into trouble. Then he has to go to a hearing in the Ministry of Magic which will tell him whether he can go back to Hogwarts. When he goes back to school, he gets a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and a new Divination teacher. Ron makes the Quidditch team and so does Ginny. Harry, Fred and George are banned from playing Quidditch. Ron is the Keeper and Ginny is the Seeker. Fred and George escape from Hogwarts. Harry fights Lord Voldremort again and there is a surprise ending, which I am not going to tell you readers because I advise you to read the book in order to find out more about the book, okay? There are no ?big ideas? or lessons to be learned from reading this story. The illustrations are okay. I mean if you like black and white illustrations. The action and adventure will want to make you read this book.

I think this is a good book to read. I liked it because it makes me feel intelligent when I read it. My favorite part was when Harry was in the Department of Mysteries and Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville and Luna Lovegood (Loony Lovegood) was trying to save Sirius from getting tortured by Voldermort. I don?t like Draco Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle because they don?t play fair. No characters in the story reminded me of myself or someone I know. No characters changed and I think the illustrations are okay. They relate to the story by giving you an idea of what the chapter is about and there is something unique and special about this book: It?s the newest book to come out and this book is good! The book is like the other four I?ve read because the five books are a series so it continues throughout the books (Harry Potter books). The book is similar from the other books by the same author he always makes new friends in the books, he goes to the same school and he always gets to escape from the Dursleys every summer break when he is not at school. The book is different from the others because he always does something different in the book. I think the author?s writing style is good. She writes it plain most of the time, but sometimes she makes it good in certain occasions. For example, sometimes she writes in bold. Another example is that she writes the letters in fancy letters or underlines them. When I read the book, I just kept telling myself to keep on reading until you can?t read no more. The book does not remind me of anything in my life. The book makes me wonder if witches and wizards actually exist.

I recommend for people to read it because this is a good book to read and if you read it, you might just like it. The kind of audience that would like this book is ages 10 and up. The action, adventure, settings and the author?s writing style might interest you readers.