1 Prey

Prey

Written by Michael Crichton

Illustrated by Will Staehle

Reviewed by Matthew W. (age 10)

Prey

Have you ever heard of a nano particle? Well Prey is about a company called Xmos that develops nano technology and creates nano particles. Nano particles are micro super computer robots capable of intelligent life. Jack (a father of three kids who had been working at Xmos but was fired several weeks ago) has been asked to come back to Xmos by his best friend, Ricky. Ricky says that they have a runaway swarm of nano particles. After several days at Xmos, Jack gets suspicious of his wife, Julia, who is working to solve the mystery as well. She is acting very strangely toward him and Jack wants to know what's wrong. What Jack doesn't know is that the answer could get him killed!

I highly recommend this book. The plot was fantastic and exiting. I was never bored because the book moved fast and there was always an adventure going on. Jack was very interesting. His brightness and curiosity helped solve the mystery. He knows a lot about computers and he saves many lives. The book was scary and strange. I do not recommend this book for all ages. Unless you are a good reader and your parents will let you read it you should not read this book. If you read it, I hope you like it.

I recommend this book to boys who like scary and weird books. You can find this book at your local library. I hope you like it!