1 Gay-Neck

Gay-Neck

Written by Dhan Gopal Mukerji

Illustrated by Boris Artzybasheff

Reviewed by Sloane H. (age 10)

Gay-Neck

Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to be a pigeon? Well if you read this story you will find out how it feels to be a carrier pigeon. You will also learn about other birds. Gay-Neck is the name of the bird in this story. He is a carrier pigeon. When he is delivering a message he gets his wing shot. He also gets his foot shot badly and some of his tail feathers shot off! He gets all of these encounters healed, even though he almost died! But you'll have to read the story to see what happens to Gay-Neck and the adventures he has while being a carrier pigeon.

I thought this book was really exciting. I thought it was exciting because it was about a carrier pigeon that was used during the War, the pigeon's name was Gay-Neck. My favorite part was when Gay-Neck got shot. I liked this part because Gay-Neck lives and he got shot three times! This story reminds me of when my dad was in the Vietnam War, and also when I was in Europe. It reminds me of when my dad was in the war, because Gay-Neck was in a war too! It reminds me of when I went to Europe because because Gay-Neck was born in the mountains and one of the places that I went to had a lot of mountains!

I recommend this book to others, if they like adventurous books, they'll like this book. It's also fun, exciting, scary, different, and it's about a carrier pigeon. I also recommend this because I am very picky about the books I read!