1 The Town That Got Out of Town

The Town That Got Out of Town

Written by Robert Priest

Illustrated by Robert Priest

Reviewed by Benjamin S. (age 7)

The Town That Got Out of Town

This book is about a whole town that gets out of town on Labor Day weekend. Even the people, the animals, and the buildings get out of town. The buildings go to see their friends in Portland, Maine. They trade pictures, stories, and books. They talk, too. The buildings got back just in time.

I like this book because it's very funny. It's funny because even the buildings leave. The buildings leave because they're feeling lonely. They're lonely because everyone has left Boston except for the buildings.

This book reminds me of Sunday nights in Long Island because it gets very empty because everybody is going back to the city.

The illustrations are funny because all of the buildings have smiley faces. The first time I read the book, I was shocked because it was so funny. I like this book so much, I'm still reading it.

I recommend this book to kids who like funny things. It's totally funny because all the buildings can talk. The author's style, Robert Priest, is very funny because the buildings can talk. The part that may interest you is when all the buildings in Boston go to Portland, Maine to have fun.