1 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Illustrated by Quintin Blake

Reviewed by Janie H. (age 8)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie is a poor boy. He lives in a small house. Charlie lives with his parents and four grandparents. He was very depressed. He was depressed because he was hungry and could not even get a chocolate bar. Soon he found some money. Charlie hurried to the candy store and bought a new candy, but then he spotted his eye on another chocolate bar and bought that too! In that chocolate bar there was a golden ticket. There were five grand winners. First was Augustus Gloop, then Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teevee, and finally Charlie Bucket. They all won a trip to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, and a lifetime supply of chocolate.

My favorite part was when Veruca Salt was screaming around for an Oompa Loompa! I liked the way it described her. I really disliked Veruca, because she was a big brat! I really liked the part when Charlie got the golden ticket. It made me happy to think that he finally won!

I recommend this book to anyone who likes chocolate and isn't greedy about what they want, like Veruca Salt. You should also be a good reader, because there are hard words in it.