1 Poppleton in Winter

Poppleton in Winter

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Mark Teague

Reviewed by Naldo E. (age 7)

Poppleton in Winter

Poppleton is a pig and is very creative. Stuff just comes into his mind like making a pagoda of ice cream sticks and painting his floor with stars. One Christmas, he did not know what to do then went to the art store and bought some clay and made a big head of his neighbor Cherry Sue. Cherry Sue is Poppleton’s neighbor and best friend. If you want ot know if Poppleton makes a big head of Cherry Sue, you’ll have to read the book.

I liked this book because it is very fun to read. My favorite part was when Poppleton made cool Christmas art stuff to decorate his house. I liked that in Poppleton in Winter, Poppleton's neighbor Cherry Sue’s last name is the same as in a book named Mr. Putter and Tabby Bake the Cake. In that book, the cook was named Mary Sue. I think that they have the same name because the same author, Cynthia Rylant, writes both Poppleton and Mr. Putter and Tabby books. This chapter, The Bust, reminded me of when I tried to make an art piece and was drawing my friend. Poppleton kept knocking on Cherry Sue’s door and it made her really crazy, just like when I was trying to draw my friend.

If you are in second grade, this book could be a good book for you. I am in second grade and I’ve read it. The book is so fun to read for all second graders!