Chester's Way

Written by Kevin Henkes

Reviewed by Sebastian E. (age 8), Owen E. (age 8), Jack P. (age 7) and Luke P. (age 7)

This book is about two good friends Chester and Wilson. They both like to do the same things like eat peanut butter and jelly, read, and play baseball. When one was hungry the other one was too. When Wilson ate a watermelon seed he was worried that a watermelon plant would grow inside him so Chester swallowed one too. Then Lilly moved in. She liked to do things her own way. They didnít want to be friends with her because she didnít do the same things as them. Read the book to find out what happens.

We like this book because itís about friends and some books about friends teach you a big lesson. We also like this book because all three of them are really good friend makers.

This book reminds us of the book Enemy Pie because Chester and Wilson didnít like Lilly but they became friends because they spent time together like the boys in Enemy Pie.

Our favorite part is the end because story starts again when someone new moves in.

We recommend this book to kids in kindergarten through 5th grade. Kids who like books with lessons would like this book.

Sebastian E., Owen E., Jack P. and Luke P. are members in Westport Book Clubs' The Best Book Club (2017-2018)