1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Emilee H (age 9) & Quinten D (age 8)

Because of Winn Dixie

Opal was sent to the grocery store to buy rice, two tomatoes, and macaroni and cheese...and came home with a dog! All the preacher wanted was the rice, two tomatoes, and macaroni and cheese...NOT A DOG!!!!!!! Read the book to find out if she gets to keep the dog.

My name is Quinten, and I liked the book Because of Winn-Dixie because it is funny and sad. My favorite part in Winn-Dixie is when Opal and Winn-Dixie went to Gertrude's Pet Shop, and Gertrude, the bird, yelled, “DOG! !!” This is my favorite part because it was funny that a parrot knows a dog when she sees one, and then calls him one. My favorite character is Winn-Dixie because he smiles and eats peanut butter. I made a connection with Opal because I lost my dog, Rosco, in a storm like Opal lost Winn-Dixie. I never did find Rosco. So read the book to find out if Opal finds Winn-Dixie!!!

My name is Emilee, and I liked the book Because of Win-Dixie because it is sad and funny. My favorite part in Because of Winn-Dixie is when Opal found Winn-Dixie in the store and he smiled at Opal. This is my favorite part because I never heard of a dog smiling before. My favorite character is Winn-Dixie because Gloria fed Winn-Dixie peanut butter, and I liked that he ate it. It is funny to think of a dog eating peanut butter. I made a connection with Otis because he is an animal lover like me.

I (Quinten) recommend this book to Dakota because she likes funny and sad books. So if you like those kinds of books, you should read Because of Winn-Dixie.

I (Emilee) recommend this book to Kaycee because she is my only sister, and she likes dogs.