Matilda

Written by Roald Dahl

Reviewed by Melaine R. (age 8)

Have you ever thought a 5-year-old could do high school things? Well, Matilda has awful parents and a mean principal. The parents donít even think she shouldíve even been born! The principal threw someone across a whole entire field because they didnít do what she said! Will Matilda do anything to stop this with her nice teacher Mrs. Honey? Read the story to find out!

I thought this story was adventurous and the parents and principal are really rude but, Mrs. Honey and Matilda are wonderful people. I like the book because it was different from other books I read. It makes me feel as if Iím in the book and seeing it all happen. I felt happy reading this book and warm inside because itís a very good book. My favorite part was when she glues her hat to her mean Dadís head. This made me laugh.

I would recommend this book for 3rd and 4th graders because it has challenging words. This book is for people who love humor. This book is for a person who loves family books. The characters are funny! The interesting part was when an 11th grader ate a piece of the principalís cake so then everyone gathered around and made another cake and the principal said ďEat the whole entire cake if itís so good.Ē

Melaine R. is a student in Mrs. Burnell & Mr. Tompkins' 3rd Grade Class
2016-2017