1 Mrs. Mack

Mrs. Mack

Written by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Niamh L. (age 9)

Mrs. Mack

In the beginning of Ms. Mack, a little girl named Patricia is spending the summer with her grandpa. And she finds out she is going to ride a horse for the first time the next day! She went crazy! Until she realizes she is going to a place she wished she would never have to have gone to ride her horse! She starts off with an easy horse and works her way up to other, more challenging horses. But she has had her eye on a horse that she thinks she is 100% ready for. But will she get to ride the horse of her dreams?

I like the part when the mean kids in the stable smile at her for the first time. I also like the part when they encourage Patricia to get better so she can ride the horse of her dreams, Penny. I really like the part when she falls of one of the other horses, but gets up and tries again. She works as hard as she can so she can get good enough to ride Penny.

I recommend this book to anyone who is any of these: 1. Loves horses 2. Likes books about animals or 3. Likes Patricia Polacco books. Personally I am all of those!