1 The Bee Tree

The Bee Tree

Written by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Tristan M. (age 8)

In the beginning of this book, Patricia is tired of reading. So she asks her grandpa to go run outside. Her grandpa gets her jacket and together they go outside. Patricia and her grandpa find three bees and put them in a jar. They let one bee go at a time and plan to follow it to find a bee tree. Read this book if you are interested in finding out who joins the race.

I like this book because it is a really good book and because it has a bee race. I like this book because it is a funny book. In one part of the book, Patricia and her grandpa ran past a couple on a boat. It was funny because instead of the couple getting married, they ran after the bee. I like it because it has really good details. An example of a good detail is when they include the color of the flowers. She said the color was blueish/purpleish and it gave me a picture in my mind of the colors of the flowers.

I would recommend this book to someone who likes bees because it is about bees. I would recommend this book to someone who likes races because it is about Patricia and her grandpa chasing a bee.

COMMENT: You have two parts in your opinion - 1) You like the book because it is a really good book. 2) You like it because it's a funny book and you give an example of when and why it was funny.