1 Clementine and the Family Meeting

Clementine and the Family Meeting

Written by Sara Pennypacker

Illustrated by Maria Freeze

Reviewed by Charlotte G. (age 9)

Clementine and the Family Meeting

In Clementine and the Family Meeting by Sara Pennypacker, the family meeting sign is up! Clementine cannot wait to find out what it is about. In the beginning, she is on the bus with her friend Margaret. When they get to school, Clementine cannot wait until science class. Finally, it is time to go to science class. But when they get there, Clementine’s project rat named 18 is missing! They cannot find him. When she gets home, she sees the family meeting sign is up! She forgot all about it. She tried to find out what it is about but her parents will not tell her. The family meeting finally comes and they announce what is happening, but I guess you will need to read the book to find out.

Clementine and the Family Meeting is an awesome book. I like the dialogue in this book. An example is when Clementine lost 18. The dialogue shows how she got scared. I also like how Clementine is persistent. She stays strong even when she goes through hard times in the story. Like when 18 goes missing. I like how Margaret thinks she is the boss of everyone, and she does things she is not supposed to do. Like when she put lip stick on.

I would recommend this book to people who like realistic fiction books that are funny and silly. One reason is I think this book is really funny. I also think Clementine is a really funny character. Next, I think this book is silly because Clementine can be really funny and silly. If silly and funny is something you like, this is the book for you.