1 Clementine and the Spring Trip

Clementine and the Spring Trip

Written by Sara Pennypacker

Illustrated by Marla Frazee

Reviewed by Caitlin R. (age 8)

Clementine and the Spring Trip

In Clementine and the Spring Trip by Sara Pennypacker and illustrated by Marla Frazee, Clementine has to go on bus 7. In the beginning, the third and fourth graders are getting ready to go on a field trip together to Plimoth Plantation on BUS 7 (the cloud). Next, Clementine remembers about the fourth grade rule about no eating sounds. Margaret, a fourth grader, said that if you make one sound it’s too bad to even say what would happen to you. Will Clementine be able to survive the cloud?

Clementine and the Spring Trip is a fantastic book. I really like the problem in the story. For example, I like it how the fourth graders have eating sounds and the third graders are so scared about it. Also how bus 7 stinks so much. I like how the illustrations show details that tell how the characters feel and what is happening in the story. For example, when Clementine is thinking of a secret language to make up, it shows Clementine’s frustration in the illustrations. I like how the author describes when Clementine really means something. For example, when Clementine says her brother is N-O-T, not like her father. I like how she describes it by writing N-O-T, not.

I would recommend this book to elementary students of all ages. The story teaches readers to stand up for others. It also teaches readers to be kind to others. The story teaches readers to be welcoming to new students. If this is the book for you go read it!!!!!!!!!!