December Dog

Written by Ron Roy
Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Alex D. (age 9)

How cute does a golden-brown puppy sound? Well, December Dog is about these four kids [Bradley, Brian, Nate and Lucy] that find a cute puppy shivering in the snow on the day before Christmas! They find out it is a Christmas present that only has ďto and fromĒ on the tag around its neck! And thatís when the adventure begins!

I liked this book a lot. I liked it because I like mysteries, and this book is a great mystery! The character Nate makes a connection to me because he has a sassy cat and he really wants a puppy and I used to have a sassy cat and I really want a puppy, too! This book makes me wonder what itís like to have a dog like the brothers Brian and Bradley have their own hound: Pal.

I recommend this book to dog lovers. Ages 7-9 would like this book because it is easy to read, but not too easy! I think this book is interesting because the mystery is hard to figure out. And you can never predict what will happen next.

Well, now all I can tell you is you should read the book to find out what happens next!!

Alex D. is a student in Mrs. Adolphus' 3rd Grade Class
2016-2017