Skippyjon Jones Cirque de Ole

Written by Judy Schachner • Illustrated by Judy Schachner

Reviewed by Caroline T. (age 7)

If you like Skippyjon Jones, you will like “Skippyjon Jones Cirque De Ole.” In every book a cat always thinks he’s a chihuahua and he goes into his closet and imagines he goes to a circus. The adventure in this book is going to a circus. At the circus Skippyjon Jones wears a costume he stole and the other chihuahuas pumped the costume up to make him look strong. He does activities such as he puts a tower of puppies on his head, he goes on a trapeze and walks on a tightrope.

One reason I like this book is because it is really funny! For example, one of my favorite parts is when he goes into his closet and finds a circus and he is scared of elephants because you can get sucked up by an elephant. I like the book because it always has an adventure in every book. Another reason I like the book is because the illustrations are really really beautiful. I really like the illustrations because they are enthusiastic and pretty! For example, I like the picture of my favorite part of the book.

I recommend this book to kids ages four through eight. Remember to read the book. I hope you like it.

Caroline T. is a student in Ms. Hanlund's 2nd Grade Class
2016-2017