Because of Winn Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Yola M. (age 9), Rhianna M. (age 9) and Jaymie S. (age 8)

Because of Winn-Dixie is a tale about India Opal Buloni and a dog named Winn-Dixie. They go on many adventures and meet lots of new friends. Opal's mom left when she was three, and she only has a dad, who also happens to be a preacher. At a party Opal loses Winn-Dixie., when it starts to pour with rain. Will they ever find Winn-Dixie on time? Read this book to find out if they lost Winn-Dixie forever!

I'm Yola, and my favorite part was when Winn-Dixie got lost at the party because I wanted to find out if Winn-Dixie was lost forever. If you want to know if he is, read the book to find out. I am most like Opal because I likes dogs a lot, like Opal. I have a connection with Otis because I am as shy as Otis is.

I'm Rhianna, and my favorite part was when Opal became friends with Winn-Dixie because it was a happy moment, Opal made her first friend. I am most like Opal because I have a strong relationship with my dog, Angel, just like Opal has a strong relationship with Winn-Dixie. I have a connection with Otis because I like to take care of animals like Otis.

I'm Jaymie, and my favorite part was when Winn-Dixie got lost at the party because I thought Winn-Dixie was going to be lost forever. I am most like Gloria Dump because she gave Opal's dog, Winn-Dixie, peanut butter, and I give my dogs, Mighty Miss and Mr. Mighty peanut butter too. I have a connection with Opal because Opal lost her dog, and I have lost my dog too. Luckily he was only lost over night.

We think kids that like animals should read this book, because it is a heart warming story about a dog named Winn-Dixie. We think kids will like the part when Winn-Dixie got lost because it was a scary and a sad moment. You will be wanting to turn the page to find out what happens.

Yola M., Rhianna M. and Jaymie S. are students in Mrs. Schimmelpfennig's and Mrs. Cormeny's 3rd Grade Class
2015-2016