Because of Winn Dixie

Written by Kate DiCamillo

Reviewed by Justice M. (age 9)

In the beginning of Because Of Winn- Dixie Opal's dad said to get some macaroni and cheese, some white rice, and two tomatoes, but instead she came home with a dog. Opal and Winn-Dixie meet lots of new people. Read to find out who all they meet.

My favorite part of the story was when Opal found Winn-Dixie in the store named Winn-Dixie. It was funny, really funny. People should read this book if they like funny and sad books. The book is really, really sad and funny. I am most like Gloria cause I have done many bad things like broken a picture of my family. Just like Gloria I do not do it anymore. I made a connection with Otis because I had a complaint of being loud. I was playing drums. I didn't have to go to jail though.

I would recommend this book to people who like dog stories. I think the part where Winn-Dixie ran around the house during the thunder storm, and when Winn-Dixie ran into the witch's yard would really interest dog people.

Justice M. is a student in Mrs. Schimmelpfennig's and Mrs. Cormeny's 3rd Grade Class
2015-2016