McKenna, Ready to Fly

Written by mary casanova

Reviewed by Anna L. (age 8)

McKenna, Ready to Fly is a book about a nine year-old girl who is a gymnast. She has two sisters that are five years-old. They're twins. Their names are Mara and Maisey. In the book, McKenna falls behind in her schoolwork. She gets a sixth grade tutor named Josie. Josie helped McKenna a lot along the way. Soon, McKenna is ready to do reading and remembering what she read on her own. Then, she twists her ankle and gets a cast. She might not get to compete for a competitive team. Read to find out if she gets to compete or not.

This is my favorite book because I really like gymnastics. I also really like the American Girl Doll company. I think the lesson in this story is to never give up, and that there's nothing wrong with needing a little help. My favorite character was McKenna because she is really nice and she always tries as hard as she can.

I recommend this book to kids ages 7-12. I also recommend it to people who like gymnastics or to people who are familiar with American Girl stuff. Also, people who compete in different things might like this book.

Anna L. is a student in Mrs. Gautreau's 2nd Grade Class
2015-2016