Three Times Lucky

Written by Sheila Turnage

Reviewed by Jack G. (age 9)

Oh no!! Join Mo and Dale in a mystery to see who killed Mr. Jesse in Three Times Lucky by Shelia Turnage.

To begin with, Mo and Dale live in Tupelo Landing. One night Mo returned Mr. Jesseís boat that he had borrowed and then found that he was missing. Mo told Dale. They started a mystery search for the killer of Mr. Jesse. Then Mo found a note saying that the colonel and Miss Lana have been kidnapped. They work together to try to figure all of these things out.

In addition, my favorite part was when Miss Lana drove the Thunderbird and Mo, Dale, and Miss Lana almost crashed. This was my favorite part because Miss Lana couldnít drive a car and everybody knew it. This book is not like any other book Iíve read because it has more action, adventure, and mysteries. I found Miss Lana interesting because Mo didnít know Miss Lana could fight. She was a character I wasnít expecting.

I recommend this book for kids and adults ages 9-100 because it has really frightening parts in it. You might want to read it with a friend!

Jack G. is a student in Mrs. Blaisdell's 3rd Grade Class
2015-2016