1 Oliver Twist

Oliver Twist

Written by Charles Dickens

Reviewed by Mayank S. (age 8)

Oliver Twist

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens Mayank S. Age 8

Hello! You haven't lived unless you've read the book "Oliver Twist!" So what will you read? In this book, you will find a little kid named Oliver Twist. Oliver Twist is brave!

One day, there was a little boy. His mother dies and he grew up alone. When he was around nine, he was given to some people who took care of kids. They tortured him. Soon after that he escaped and was brought to an orphanage. He snuck away and ran to London. There he met a guy who gave him some food and beer. He took him to a place, then Oliver ran away again. The man told him to go get books. Oliver got kidnapped and he was forced to become a thief. He got shot and someone sent him back to that man's house. But their door had a sign that said "for rent." Oliver went to the man's neighbor's house and he told them his whole story. Read to find out what happens next.

This book has adventures with Oliver Twist. For example, he walked from a torturing place to an orphanage to another bad place to London. He always goes from place to place. I liked this book a lot. I liked it because it was pretty fun to read. Oliver is poor. Oliver is a brave and risky boy because he can live without his family and throughout all the trouble, he doesn't die. Oliver lives and that is surprising, so that's another reason. Also, Oliver is nice and doesn't get angry inside himself that easily. That's cool. This book has a lot of action. My favorite part was when Oliver got shot. I liked Oliver. This story reminds me of the "Adventures of Tom Sawyer." I felt happy and sad when I read this book. It made me wonder why there are bad guys. I learned to always be brave.

I recommend this book to people who like a lot of adventure and it's for all ages. A reader who likes adventures should read this book. The adventures would interest readers. The characters are nice and mean. The settings are usually in buildings. I like the author's writing style because it is very easy to read. Read this book!

Mayank gives "Oliver Twist" 5 out of 5 stars.