The War with Grandpa

Written by Robert Kimmel Smith • Illustrated by Richard Lauter

Reviewed by Stone P. (age 8)

Do you like funny books? If so, you should read The War with Grandpa! It is a really funny book. Peter, the main character, enjoys his room and is excited because Grandpa is moving in. He canít wait for Grandpa to move in untilÖhe does! He moves right into Peterís room! And Peter is forced upstairs to the guest room. Peter is so mad because he grew up in that room. Peter declared war! Read this book to see what happens.

I like this book because of all the funny tricks Peter pulls on Grandpa and the tricks Grandpa pulls on Peter. My favorite part was when Grandpa put all of Peterís school stuff in suitcases and moved all of Peterís clothes to different places. Grandpa put Peterís underwear in the closet and his shoelaces in the kitchen. Peter was sooooo late for school! My favorite character was Grandpa because he pulled so many funny tricks. This story reminds me of the tricks I pull on my brother and sister, like how I take the game disc and put it away so my brother canít find it.

If you like war stories, you will love this book. Itís like a trickster war! You will especially like this book if you are in first grade and up.

Stone P. is a student in Ms. Morlan's 2nd Grade Class
2015-2016