Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul

Written by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Gabe L. (age 9)

Do you like suspense books? Well read this book! This book is about a kid named Gregory Heffley who is going on a road trip and runs into some trouble. Rodrick bought the wrong food and a bird attacked them. They lost their key to their locker and their credit cards were in there. The lesson of the story was to be prepared for everything!

I like this book because of the problems in the story. It was funny when a seagull attacked them! My favorite part of this story was when Gregory thought the TV could talk to him and understand him! I thought Gregory reminded me of myself because he got in trouble for weird things like me. For example, I got in trouble for holding a book the wrong way! There are illustrations but there’s no color and pictures are sometimes funny. That is my opinion about this book.

I recommended this book for 5th and 6th graders because it has some challenging vocabulary. I recommended this book to people who like suspense books. If you are interested in fiction books that get turned into movies, run down to the nearest library and start reading!

Gabe L. is a student in Mrs. Burnell's & Mr. Tompkin's 3rd Grade Class
2014-2015