1 The Pain and the Great One

The Pain and the Great One

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Irene Trivas

Reviewed by Mayah W. (age 8)

The Pain and the Great One

This story is about a brother and a sister who both feel their parents are favoring the other sibling. The Pain is the brother and the Great One is the sister. Both characters complain about each other. The brother sometimes feels left out because he is younger and the sister feels left out because she is older. The sister gets to feed the cat and the brother gets carried to the table in the morning because he won’t get out of bed.

I like this story because the boy reminds me of my brother. He can be a pain sometimes. My favorite character is the Great One. She is a lot like me. I like the part when the brother wants to be a garbage man and he knocks down all the blocks pretending their buildings.I also like this story because I can easily relate to the different characters and their complaints.

I think second graders and third graders would like this book because everyone would find the brother and sister to be funny characters.If you want to read about what else happens pick up this funny book titled,"The Pain and the Great One" by Judy Blume.