1 Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist #1)

Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist #1)

Written by Jim Benton

Illustrated by Jim Benton

Reviewed by Ellie L. (age 9)

A lunch meat monster? You should read Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, Lunch Walks Among Us by Jim Benton to find out how Franny makes it so the kids in her class like her instead of being afraid of her.

To begin with, Franny moves to a new school. The kids are nice, but they are scared of her. To make friends, she decides to do an experiment. She studies the other students and what they like. She creates a potion that makes her look like the perfect child. Everyone in school loves her. It all goes great until something goes terribly wrong (as in a lunch meat monster that invades the school!) and she has to use the antidote to turn back into her normal self and find a way to stop the monster.

I thought this book was very interesting and adventurous because the main character, Franny, was a mad scientist. This was interesting because she turned herself into the perfect child! Also, she does many experiments and has lots of fun. This is a part I like because I also like to do experiments in school in science. This book is part of a series all about Franny K. Stein. I have read many of them and want to read all of them. There are also other books by the same author. One of them is Dear Dumb Diary. My friend has read Dear Dumb Diary and she said it was really good. I will have to try it too since it’s by the same author of the great Franny K. Stein books!

In conclusion, you should read Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, Lunch Walks Among Us by Jim Benton because the book is very funny. I recommend this book for ages 7 to 48. My mom read it with me and she thought it was just as funny as I did!