1 When Life Gives You O.J.

When Life Gives You O.J.

Written by Erica Perl

Reviewed by Emily H. (age 8)

When Life Gives You O.J.

Bark, bark! This book review is all about a book about a dog. The book is called When Life Gives you O.J. by Erica S. Perl.

To begin with, there is a dog named O.J. But O.J. was not a real dog! It was an orange juice jug and had paint all over it for Zelly who wanted a dog. Her grandpa gave it to her. Zelly wants a dog very badly since she has just moved from New York to Vermont. Everyone in Vermont has a dog except Zelly! So she has to use O.J. to practice having a dog. She walks it and feeds it and cleans up after it. She even meets a new friend Jeremy because of O.J.

I really liked the book because it was creative and funny. Having a pretend dog out of an orange juice jug is really creative! Erica S. Perl did really good writing on this. It had a lot of interesting words and described things. I was surprised during the story. Many things happened with Zelly and O.J. that were surprising since O.J. wasn’t a real dog!

In conclusion, I would like all of the kids in my class to read this book because it is the most awesome book of all.