1 Where the Sidewalk Ends

Where the Sidewalk Ends

Written by Shel Silverstein

Illustrated by Shel Silverstein

Reviewed by Rashad J. (age 10)

Where the Sidewalk Ends

I never thought I would like poetry until I read "Where the Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein. "If you are a dreamer, come in, if you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a magic bean buyer, come in" for "Where the Sidewalk Ends" Shel Silverstein's work begins.

I think "Where the Sidewalk Ends" is a great book! It is full of funny, imaginative and silly poems. Shel Silverstein wrote many books, and some are books of poetry like this one, but this is my favorite. One of my favorite poems is "Me and my Giant." It has lots of feelings in it. My most favorite is a poem called "Smart." It teaches you that math is always better! I think any kid could relate to these poems because they are about things that happen to everyone, like having to take the garbage out and having brothers or sisters. The poetry also makes me laugh a lot, and I think that is important in a book.

You have to read this book. It's for children who love poetry and for grownups that have imagination and want to get into their child's mind. If you want a good laugh and to enjoy what it is like to be a child than this is the book for you!