1 A to Z Mysteries, The Panda Puzzle

A to Z Mysteries, The Panda Puzzle

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Connor H. (age 9)

A to Z Mysteries, The Panda Puzzle

The Panda Puzzle is a mystery book in a series called A to Z Mysteries. Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose have to solve the mystery of a baby panda named Win Frances’ kidnapping because they solve mysteries. The way they found out that he was missing is that one of the zookeepers told everyone that Win Frances was missing. They tried to help because the mom panda was angry that her baby was missing. She growled at the zookeepers. Read the book to find out who kidnapped him, if they find him, and if they bring him back to his mommy at Green Lawn Park.

I like how Josh and I have a lot in common. Josh is smart and I am smart, too. One way Josh was smart was when he used his knowledge about coal cellars to save them. Also, Josh and I are both fast. My favorite part is the ending when the case was solved. I like how in the end the mystery of finding him and bringing him back to his mom is solved. I liked trying to follow all of the clues that the kids discover. One clue I liked was that the gym where Flip worked was so loud that no one could hear Win crying. I think that the illustrations are very helpful. I didn’t know why they picked up the carpet but then an illustration helped me realize that there was a trapdoor under the carpet.

I would recommend this book to kids who like mysteries. I recommend this book to boys and girls because I know boys and girls who read the A to Z mystery books. I also recommend this book to kids ages 8 to 12.