1 Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Asiyah A (age 9)

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Do you like funny books? Well if you do, Ramona Quimby Age 8 is a good fit book for you! This book is about a girl named Ramona who is in third grade. She always has big accidents and sometimes she gets in big trouble. Some funny parts are when Ramona has two big mistakes in school. One of her big mistakes was when she threw up in front of her whole class! And in front of Mrs. Whaley, her teacher! If you want to read about more of Ramona’s big mistakes and her fun and silly adventures you’re more than welcome to read it!

I like this book a lot because it was really funny. Some of the funny things are when Ramona made a cat food ad. My favorite part of this book was when Ramona and Beezus had to make dinner. It’s my favorite part because Ramona and Beezus did a lot of silly things and the whole kitchen was a disaster! I think that Beezus reminds me of my sister. She reminds me of my sister because if my sister can’t go to a party sometimes she cries. And sometimes my sister can get really bossy, like Beezus!

I recommend this book as a funny book. It might be nice for kids aged 7-12. Kids that likes funny books and realistic fiction would like this book a lot! I think people would like to read this book because there are a bunch of funny parts all over the book. It’s my favorite book out of the whole series about Ramona and her family. The setting is at a school! And maybe you are in one too!